Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I have never wanted an STD so badly in my life


For quite some time I have wanted to become more informed about video games. I fondly remember getting my SNES in elementary school…playing Donkey Kong Country with my older brother for hours on end (Of course, I was Diddy Kong). Even after he’d leave, I would play by myself, memorizing the levels and finding the cheats to get through the levels that I disliked. I beat the game many times alone and never grew tired of it. I would watch my brother play Legend of Zelda, and was in awe when he would bring over his Playstation and play Tomb Raider. When my brother stopped coming over, though, I stopped playing.

It wasn’t until the first Guitar Hero came out that I immediately bought a PS2 and got my game-on. I dedicated hours to that game, and tried to get as many people to play as I could. I became interested in more games, like Baulder’s Gate and Star Wars Battlefront, but I didn’t stick with them long enough to beat them. The first PS2 game I ever invested enough time in to beat was Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds. Not the best video game, I’ll say, but it had Buffy and that’s all that mattered to me. Again, some time passed, and I did not play many video games at all. However, now that my living conditions provide me with access to an Xbox 360, PS2, PS3, PSP, and NES/SNES, I have a lot more access to games than I could have imagined.

…Which brings us to Fable 2. Man, how I love that freaking game. It’s so simple to follow, and between the breadcrumbs and adorable puppy-companion it’s like they made it for me. I loved the story-line, and the simplicity of the game never made it any less fun (although there is one “boss-battle” that blew my mind with ease, and to this day still disappoints me). I have beaten the game once, fully, and am working on playing it through another time. I am also playing Fable: The Lost Chapters, which I feel will educate me more on the premise of my dearest Fable 2 (like Oakvale is Wraithmarsh now…who knew?!). It will take me awhile to get through them, what with me putting all my eggs in many different baskets, but in the meantime I will continue to claim I have seen Banshees in the fog, and brag about my level 4 shock abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment