Saturday, June 27, 2009

Ico <3 Yorda

I have intended upon playing Ico on PS2 for about...6 months? I finally got around to it today, but obviously not without a little difficulty.Would a video game be worth it if I could just put it in the console with no problem? Doubtful. It took an hour for me to get the PS2 to actually work on the TV, and thankfully Jake realized that it probably just wasn't working in HD otherwise I'd probably STILL be trying to fix it. I hope that I like this game a lot because it will only reassure me that the next installment of "Project Trico" (Last Guardian) is going to be out of this world.

In the very beginning of the game I thought I was doing very well. The only weirdness was that realizing that the camera makes my head want to explode, and I feel like I must be tripping or something every time I try to look around. Overall, though, I was able to figure out where to go on my own...until I find Yorda. I spent 20 min trying to figure out where to take my damned lady, jumping on every single wall, trying to climb into every window...Nada. Couldn't figure it out for the life of me. So FINALLY, I looked it up online. It killed my soul to do that, but I felt that I had tried every possible option. Except, of course, the most obvious one that was obviously the right idea . After getting through the right spot, I got to my first little save couch and decided to try the next level. Kinda failed hardcore; however, I refuse use a walk-through for this game because it makes me feel like a big ole' fake, so I'm just going to wait for a more day-ish part of the day when I'm actually awake and not simultaneously trying to wrestle eye drops into my puppy's eye sockets.

I think the biggest problem is that I'm not very interested in puzzle games. I hope that Ico kinda breaks the mold, and soon I'll be all about Braid and shit like that haha. I can't just sit around waiting for a gem like Bioshock to come around again...I need to act now! Hooray for ambition!

No comments:

Post a Comment