Saturday, August 8, 2009

Bioshock 2 Wine Bottle?! What?

So I am torn. The outrageous fangirl in me is all "omfg! I want ANYTHING with ANY kind of Bioshock reference IN MY HANDS NOW. Kay, thanks." But the slightly rational side of me is saying, "...really people?" I mean, I would probably considering purchasing one of the toys NECA displayed at Comic Con, but this seems kind of outrageous.

For those who don't already know, the release date for Bioshock 2 has been pushed into sometime next year. I'm not fretting much, because thanks to Twitter I know that my beloved Juliet Landau (Drusilla of BTVS) is doing the voices of the Little Sisters again. The one thing that bothered me about the Bioshock trailer was that the voice of the Little Sister in the end was NOT the same as the ones in the original Bioshock. I am very weird about stuff like that..if something I am used to is even an octave off of what it has always been, I have issues with it. Anyways, in my mind they had to push the release date because Juliet Landau is just now able to do the voice work for the project, and 2k cares so much about the quality of the game that they are willing to postpone in order to make it perfect. Whether that is true or not is a completely separate story, but that is what keeps me at bay.

So this wine bottle. It's a Rapture related bottle containing promotional posters for Bioshock 2. Various amounts of bottles were found on ten beaches throughout the world (that part impresses me), and now someone is selling theirs on Ebay. Sure, if I were the lucky gal to stumble across one of them beauties I would probably pee myself, hell, I might even sell it myself, but there is no way in hell I would pay $70+ for a free advertisement. If I were going to purchase Bioshock related goodness, it would probably be this:


Because I have never seen anything so metal in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment