Sunday, March 7, 2010

If I Knew You Were Coming, I'd Have Baked a Cake

Well, folks, today is it. My twenty-first birthday is here! It is kind of surreal because even though I am not a party-girl or booze-hound, I never really thought I'd see the day where I could just...go buy alcohol. There have been many times where I'll be cooking or making ice cream and be like "Geez! This would be AWESOME if I could add *insert some sort of liquor or wine*" but was never able to because I couldn't procure it myself. Not today, lads!

For my birthday, with suggestions by Darren and Sherekon I have decided to make my own cake! The flavor?

Chocolate Guiness Cake with Temptation Frosting

I followed the recipe from Backseat Gourmet which was very simple (however, remarkably delicious! I don't even like beer!). I did deviate from the recipe when I made the icing, however, and replaced the Guiness for Cask & Cream's Chocolate Temptation liquor. It added an extra rich chocolate flavor...an addition "Yum!" factor for me.

Overall, my birthday has been pretty swell. Not only is it 58* out in March...in MAINE...but it's a beautifully clear sky as well. I have a feeling that today is going to be fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment