Thursday, March 19, 2009

Clump Spirit


After countless hours of fun with Noby Noby Boy, I thought it was time for me to give Katamari Damacy a try. I have to start by saying that I can't really compare the two games (as one better than the other), because although they have the same creator, they are very different from each other. The two main differences between the games are the music, and the premise.

The music of Noby Noby Boy is not really great by any means. It doesn't change very much, and it gets a little repetitive after awhile. However, the music in Katamari is awesome. I love all the little sounds like when you travel to earth or when the game loads, not to mention the songs that play while you are actually playing the game. As for the premise, the obvious difference is that Katamari has one and Noby Noby Boy does not. In Noby Noby Boy, your Boy just go around doing whatever you want him to with no time limit or real rules whatsoever other than to add to the Girl; whereas Katamari is very plot-ly, no matter how random and messed up it may be. Basically, you play as the tiny prince who has to travel to earth and collect items on your sticky katamari ball in order to help your father restore the galaxy that he accidentally got rid of one drunken evening.

I was so excited yesterday because I played all the way through level six as well as four constellations, but when I turned the game on today I realized that I had not saved a goddamn thing. Go, me. I was so frustrated. That's what happens when I lose track of which system I'm playing on, I am so used to auto saving on the PS3 and Xbox 360 that I'm spoiled. It's okay that it has to be played over though; I had been playing on Jake's saved game, so it gave him a chance to go through and beat the levels I had played. Overall, they are both great games. As I previously stated, I cannot claim that one is better than the other; however, I will say that I do enjoy Katamari Damacy more and cannot wait to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment